Roth 401(k) at $15,640.35. Next paycheck my contribution needs to be $2,359.65. Net worth is at $412,510. Should go up to $418k after the payment clears and I get the money back from the WWDC ticket (officer manager says that’ll be like 5/15 :-().
I’ve been face down in a big project for the last week or two. I’m coming to the end of it… I hope I can be finished by the end of this weekend.
Fun Facts from my paycheck:
- 37% of my gross pay has gone to taxes so far in 2016.
- 32% of my gross pay has gone to retirement so far in 2016.
- 31% of my gross was deposited into my bank account.
- 7 of the 31 paid down the principal on my mortgage
Okay, with monthly losses at like $1800, I would’ve had to spend 1800*4.5 = $8100 on necessities at a bare minimum.
Okay… so how did I spend it? Let’s count up some forced savings. I’ve paid 4 mortgage payments with 2016 money (February, March, April, and May). Each month is about $900 principal.
- 52.5% of my direct deposits was needed for my budgeted, fixed losses.
- 23.3% of my direct deposits was put into home equity.
- 13% was spent on wasteful stuff like video games, yo-yos, speakers, and movies.
- I’ve spent a good chunk on travel also (Burning Man, Edisto, Key West)
It gets a little fuzzy after that, since I used savings to pay down extra equity, to contribute to my 2015 IRA, etc.