What if the condo gained $100k in 2 years?
- I’d only get $80k of that if I sold
- For that to happen, the stock market would likely need to increase a bunch
- If it went up 20% in 2 years, that’s probably the peak, a bad place to get stuck (although that’s $80k more cushion than what I have now)
- I’d be stuck in SJ / SJ jobs for the next 2 years. I’d be 34 when I sold.
- I could save $17k more ($700/month *24), which kinda cancels out the tax thing.
- I wouldn’t be able to invest in that rising market…
- I’d stay less diversified for 2 more years
- If it was only $50k / $40k gain, I could probably get that through an expanded job search selling the condo would make easier.
Renting is camping. Renting is patience. 🙂 😦